Happy Mothers’ Day to all the moms out there.
This last week was a fairly productive one. My biggest accomplishment was finishing my formatting changes to the manuscript of Solfleet: The Call of Duty to meet the requirements of what I hope will be my new publisher, and then sending it off to them. Now the waiting begins, but in the meantime…
I continue to work on book #2 in the series, Solfleet: Beyond the Call. While I am already several hundred pages into it, I recently had massive brainstorm that resulted in my deciding to add a whole new subplot to it. It is going to take a significant amount of work to weave it in, but it will add a lot to the story so it is something I am definitely going to do.
I also returned to the other novel I am working on as a co-author, Star Trek Soldiers of Pawns: War and Peace. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that I started easing back into it. I have been away from it for several weeks, so I could not simply pick up where I left off. I had to go back and reread what Geoff and I wrote over the last few chapters to put myself back into the right frame of mind and get a feel for the story pace again. I expect to start moving forward in this one again in the coming week.
Bill Lutz is currently inking the pages for issue #1 of Star Trek Phase-II: The Illustrated Adventures, “Friends and Foes”. I have already written all 12 issues of that story, so the bulk of my work on that project is done. All I have to do is wait for him to ink and for Rob Barnes to color, then I will do the lettering and get the thing released. For those of you who might not know, this is a FREE digital comic book based on the Internet’s award-winning number one Star Trek fan film, Star Trek Phase-II. Bill and I are both part of the production crew and this comic is being done as a supplement to the live-action episodes.
As for the Omniverse Productions LLC properties currently under development…
1. Solfleet: I made a few more notes and have a firm enough direction now, so I can start outlining the first story.
2. The Legend of Khi-Mara: The first 12 issues are already written so I have started designing the main characters of each chronicle in 3D CGI. I finished Anteri and Cleopatra Vasdegahm a few weeks ago and finished Kwon-Lo Chen soon after. This week I finished Aria Castellanos. I realize no one reading this knows who these characters are, but you will.
3. Return of the Frontiersmen: As I have said before, this one is Bill’s creation. He is developing it. Beyond that I do not know. If he chooses to, he is free to reply here with an update.
4. Elsewhen: It has been months and I have heard nothing from the company that owns the rights to the games that I was hoping to base this on, so I have decided to adjust the premise as necessary and make it another all-original creation. While on the one hand I am somewhat disappointed because I thoroughly enjoyed the game series, there is a silver lining. As an all-original story, I am free to take it wherever I want to with no restrictions…within the limits of the law, at least.
5. Starship Endeavour: This one is still early in development, as I have been devoting my time to everything I just wrote about above. Based directly on the original Star Trek series, issues of Starship Endeavour will be made available as FREE bonus comics to anyone who buys an issue of one of our original titles.
As always, there are several other projects waiting in the wings. Unfortunately I, too, only have 24 hours in a day.
Lastly, I have posted a call for comic book artists in facebook. It is essentially the same as the one in my previous post here. This call is for PAID work, and I encourage anyone who would like to take a shot to do so. The worst that can happen is that we tell you, “No thank you.” On the other hand, if we like what we see then we will make you an offer and you will have the opportunity to get paid to create art. We certainly have plenty of work available.